Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dining: The Highlight Of My Days

Watterson Dining Center is one of the most attractive dining centers on campus.  Out of all three dining centers, Southside, Tri, and Watterson, I believe Watterson is the nicest and most organized one.  There are many stations: Home Style, Mexican, Asian, Italian, American, Cereals, Waffles, Deserts, and Salad & Fruit. There is something for almost every type of appetite.  As you enter the dining center there are chairs and tables to the left, straight ahead would be the Home Style, Mexican, and Chinese stations.  If you look to the right, there is a large area that consists of the Italian and Salad & Fruit stations and in the middle you will see more tables and chairs.  Additionally, tangent to that area are the Cereals, Waffles, and Deserts sections.  If you turn around about 350 degrees from the entrance and walk a certain amount, you will discover the American station and some more tables and seats.  If you walk even further, there will be a whole section for students to sit in with a cute chimney in the middle.  It’s so relaxing in there.  There are also some private rooms in this area that you can reserve for a big group to dine in.  In addition to this dining center having a creative set up, there are plasma televisions on the walls for students to watch while they eat.

On another note, something fun I enjoy doing is people watching.  You see so many different people walk in and out of the dining center.  I wouldn't like to say I judge, but in a way I do.  I love looking at what people are wearing, who they come in with, their attitude, etc.  My friends and I make up life stories of students we don’t know that walk through the door. It can be a good time.  One time, a choir of older men, The Sophisticated Gentlemen, came to the dining center to sing! It was a rather sweet surprise and everyone’s expressions seemed to have loved it.

The Sophisticated Gentlemen
Going to eat at Watterson Dining Center is one thing I really look forward to everyday and I’m sure some of my classmates might agree.  One of the first stations I usually decide to visit is the Home Style station.  The food there is different for every meal most days. Of course, the food here will never compare to actual homemade meat loaf, mashed potatoes, corn, and bread rolls, but ISU really does a great job in trying to recreate that at the Home Style station.  Eating at this dining center really takes me back to home with flashbacks of my family enjoying food while talking about our days or watching television.  ISU has an ingenious way of restructuring that feeling in the Watterson Dining Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment