Thursday, September 22, 2011

From Chitown to Blo No

I’m a total city girl. Whether it’s the South Loop or Lincoln Park, I know the city like the back of my hand. So obviously when it came to picking schools my top choices were UIC, Columbia, and DePaul. I mean how I could ever consider leaving such an amazing place? However, I remembered that my goal in life is to be as cultured and experience as much as possible. I thought to myself, “I should just go out to the middle of nowhere.” “I wanna get the whole college experience!” So I packed up my stuff, shoved it into my mom’s truck and moved on into Watterson Towers.

Now, I know everyone’s nervous about college. There are so many things to be nervous about, your classes, gaining weight, being in a totally new area, and your roommates. That’s what I was most scared about. Three roommates! Who puts three girls in a room together!?! The first couple of weeks were a tad rocky. Every night I would walk over to Southside and complain about how I wished I was rooming with some of my friends from back home. I did everything to avoid going back to my room; I just kept myself extra busy. Then one day my roommate Amanda pranced into the room and asked me to go to dinner. I was so nervous. I don’t know why, it was just a little scary, I mean she's twenty! But it turned out to be the best and funniest, dinner of my life! Now we’re completely attached at the hip. And she’s introduced me to so many people and we’ve built a huge circle of friends.

So I guess I made the right decision. It’s hard to leave the people, places, and things you love but you’ll gain from it in the end. I’m super excited to see what’s gonna happen next. Bring it on Blo No!

No comments:

Post a Comment