Friday, September 23, 2011

There Is a Place For Everyone!

Being new to the college experience may not be easy. You have to get new friends, meet new teachers, and try to figure out where you fit in. Here at Illinios State University there are many clubs people can join if they want to get involved. For me, I am not the biggest sports fan and of course would not tell people that because they would think I am some kind of crazy person but since I get to blog about it, it’s okay right? Well anyways I have a desire for clothing and I found out that Illinios State has a club just for fashion. It is called the A.M.D.A Club, which are held on Wednesdays. When I first came to the meeting everyone was so welcoming and up beat. I sat in a room full of girls that I have never met before and it was great knowing they had the same interest as I do. The club is very interesting; we get to go to fashion shows, learn how to sew and create clothing, and do exciting fundraiser events! For example we are going to do a trick or treat for change, American Recycles Day, and also a Toms event. For those who don’t know what Toms are, it is a company that sells shoes and for every purchase Toms will give a pair of shoes to a child in need. The A.M.D.A club allows students to be creative, active, and meet new people. Even if you are not into the fashion thing at least look into joining a club and to get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment