Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SouthSide Dining

Before going to college I'd heard only bad things about campus dining and the dining centers at universities. I'd heard terrible stories about people gaining the dastardly freshman fifteen and how some people never ate at the dining centers because they were so bad. I went into Illinois State expecting the worst.

Once I got here and saw the dining centers I immediately knew that people were wrong. After one meal at Watterson Dining Hall I saw how untrue the rumors really were. A lot of people think that Southside dining isn't as good as the others but I completely disagree. Southside may not be as large or new as Tri Towers or Watterson but it sure does have a lot to offer. I love the food from Red Bowl and the chicken breasts at the grill. Almost everything is cooked to perfection and you always have so many choices. The salad bar has become one of my favorite places to get food from. They always have a plethora of toppings and dressing. I have yet to get bored of the food.

The hours are also very convenient and it is never too crowded at Southside like it is at some of the other dining centers. A typical meal of mine will consist of two chicken breasts, a bowl of brown rice, a glass of skim milk, a glass of water, a salad, and on special days a grilled cheese sandwich. I try to eat healthy as much as possible so that I don't get the freshman fifteen. The only freshman fifteen I want is the freshman fifteen pounds of muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment