Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Meatheads: A Great Place for a Great Burger

There are many different restaurants in the Bloomington-Normal area and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. The newest of these restaurants are located on Main Street about a block away from Southside Dorms. One of the restaurants, Meatheads, has been gaining a lot of popularity as the best burger place on campus. We decided to put this to the test.

Here is Justin's opinion:

I first ate at Meatheads two years ago after high school finals because my friend said I should try it out. I do not remember what I got but I do remember that it was delicious. Although it tasted very good, I felt sick after eating it. I used to eat very healthy so I think it was my body not being able to handle all the fat. I have been there a few times since and I have never felt sick.

I’ve gone to Meatheads once since I’ve been at ISU. My friend had a coupon and so I thought it would be nice to eat there again. I got the basic hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes and ketchup. Along with the hamburger I got Cajun fries and a drink. I loved the fountain drink machine in the Meatheads on 701 south main street because has a touch screen that you pick your drink and then you can pick from a wide variety of flavors such as cherry, lime, lemon and more. All in all I think Meatheads is a great fast food restaurant and in my opinion the best tasting near the ISU campus. The only problem with it is that it is expensive for fast food. The normal price of a meal is somewhere around 10 dollars, which is a lot more than McDonald’s and Burger King. If you’re looking for a great and fast burger and are willing to spend a little more money, then Meatheads is the place to go.

Sean had this to say:

When I told people that I was going to be attending Illinois State University in the fall, one of the first questions that I frequently got asked was if I had ever eaten at Meatheads. I had never even heard of this restaurant before, but I knew that if so many people were asking about it, that it must be good. After being at school for a few weeks, I made it a priority to eat there since it was such a hot topic. The perfect opportunity arose when my friend Timmy’s parents were coming down to visit and offered to take us anywhere we wanted to eat. Since neither of us had been to Meatheads yet, we thought this would be the perfect time to try it.

The Meatheads on campus is located on Main Street about a block away from the Southside dorms. It is a very convenient walk since I live in Atkin Hall, the dorm closest to Meatheads. When I first got there, I was amazed at how nice the interior looked. For a fast food restaurant, it was very clean and the overall look was very welcoming. At a glance, the menu appeared to be heavily stacked with burger options. This is what Meatheads is known for. However, after further observation, I found out that there are many other options such as hotdogs, chicken sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, and multiple other food items. I ordered the Cajun sunrise with Cajun fries and a drink.

The drink machine has literally 106 options and flavor choices to choose from. There is something for everyone! I got strawberry sprite and it tasted amazing. The service was quick and friendly. As soon as the burger was set in front of me, I knew it was going to be delicious. It was a burger with fried egg, pepper jack cheese, bacon, lettuce, and fresh jalapenos. After picking it up to take my first bite I never managed to set it down. It was that tasty. The fries were also extremely delicious. They were not too crispy and cooked just the right amount. Everything tasted great and I would highly recommend this restaurant to any ISU or Illinois Wesleyan student and anyone passing through the area. Even though it is a little pricey, it is absolutely worth it. I left feeling full and very satisfied with my meal.

Lastly Dolan thought this:

My fiancé and I went to the restaurant called Meatheads. When we arrived at the restaurant it was very clean and service was very friendly. When we went up to order the cashier was extremely nice and took our order and unlike most people she actually double-checked to make sure our order was correct. After we chose our table the food came out fairly quickly and it smelled amazing. I got the "Meathead" with everything and fries and my fiancé got the "build your own" with bacon, bar-b-que sauce and fries. Though my sandwich was a little bit on the greasy side, it was still quite good and the fries were cooked all the way. My fiancé said her sandwich was also good. While we were there eating, they had good music playing and it wasn't too loud so we could hear each other talk. The place had the speediness of a fast food restaurant but the pricing of a 5 star restaurant. Though everything was good and we enjoyed eating there, the price was a tad too expensive for the kind of food we chose.

Overall, we all had similar opinions on the restaurant. We all liked the food and the service but thought that it was a little bit pricey. We would all recommend trying it at least once because you will not leave dissatisfied.

Written by: Sean, Justin, and Dolan


No comments:

Post a Comment