Monday, December 5, 2011

Pj Party!

On Saturday, December 3rd Illinois State University's Recreational Center held Up Late @ State: The Pajama Party from 9pm till midnight. The Rec Center closed early for the full night of the event having everything from free food, teddy-bear making stations, a movie in the pool, massages by Dr. Matt Groves, games on the basketball courts and a raffle for the first 150 people to win some ISU pajama pants! You should have seen it; the line was down the stairs and out the door! Unfortunately it was also raining that night so it was quite an unpleasant wait for all the students eagerly waiting to get inside to make a teddy.

I was however quite disappointed with the raffle rules. Originally I had thought that the first 150 students in line would get a pair of pajama pants, but that wasn't the case. It was that everyone got a raffle ticket and they were going to raffle off 150 lucky ticket winners for the pjs. So essentially if there were about 500 people who put a raffle ticket in the jar, I would have less a chance at winning. As disappointed as I was not to get myself a pair of comfy pajama pants, I know that is the most fair thing to do for all the students. Nonetheless, it was a great time and a little something fun to do before hanging out with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment