Friday, October 21, 2011

Freshman 15: Fact or Fiction

I have struggled with my weight my entire life, so when people told me about the freshman 15 I was nervous. I did not want to gain another 15 pounds throughout my freshman year. When I came to ISU and first went to the Watterson dining center I was a little apprehensive about what to get. I was really determined to lose weight and get healthy. Kind of a retry at being healthy. I saw the salad bar, and how there were so many fresh veggies there constantly. There were also different hot soups every day. This kept my interest, and my taste buds guessing what was going to come. Watterson dining center has a large variety of healthy foods, you just have to know what to look for. Another thing I do, to not be a stereotype and get concurred by the freshmen 15, is workout. I work out six times a week and it feels great. I recommend everyone do this. It has worked for me. Since I have come to school I have lost, not gained, lost 20 pounds and that number will continue to grow. I could not have done it without all the great facilities at ISU. The dining center’s delicious, healthy food kept me on track, and the huge fitness center is a great place to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment