Thursday, October 20, 2011

Homecoming Tailgate 2011

When I think of the word homecoming High School dances, getting dressed up in fancy
clothing and after parties come to mind. As a student at Illinois State
University the word homecoming is now something different to me. I think of
homecoming as a gathering ceremony where all ages of alumni come back to their
former school- Illinois State University and celebrate their college career.
This must bring back youthful, life changing and crazy memories from the past
for plenty of Illinois State alumni. It is a time to kick back, grill a
hamburger and reminisce. I didn’t however actually attend the football game but
being a part of the tailgate was quite an experience. I don’t think I have seen
so many people wearing red in my life. There were so many people playing bags,
laughing and just having a good ol’ time. I can say I defiantly learned a
lesson from my experience at the tailgate… remember to bring your phone. There
are some similarities from college homecoming and high school homecoming.
People do go all out and wear anything crazy they can find that is red; the
fans sure do show their support for football teams. Being lost in a crowd where
everyone is wearing red makes it extremely difficult to find whoever you are
looking for. I am looking forward to next year hopefully it is just as fun and
maybe this time I will actually go into the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment