Friday, October 21, 2011

A Perfect Timing

I awoke to cold feet and goose bumps covering my arms. It was easily the coldest morning thus far at college. With both of my blankets wrapping me up like a burrito I still felt the cold air stinging my skin. I went to take a hot shower before class but that just didn’t cut it I was still cold as soon as I stopped the water. I quickly got dressed in fear of being late for class and put on not nearly enough clothes. I walked downstairs and out the door to have my breath taken by the cold breeze that slapped me in the face. I knew there was no way I was walking all the way to and from my classes. Ironically the bus pulled up right in front of me. I hadn’t taken the bus yet this year but figured if ever there was a time to now was it. So I stepped on a little nervous and hoping it would take me to the right place. I sat in silence watching the cars go by and quickly realized this warm bus was going to save my winter. The bus dropped me off right in front of my building, and I haven’t walked to a class since.

No comments:

Post a Comment