Thursday, October 20, 2011

My first concert ever!

On October 4, 2011 my friend, his girlfriend, my girlfriend, and I went to the Castle theatre in downtown Bloomington. We went to the Anberlin concert. This was an amazing night. We took a cab to get there, and when we did we had to wait outside in line for about 15 minutes. When we got inside we didn’t get tickets. We just signed in. It was weird. People who were under 21 had to pay a one dollar fee and had to sit up in the balcony. That was stupid to me, but I didn’t care. Before we went upstairs, I bought an Anberlin t-shirt to remember the concert by. The concert started with two opening bands. The first was a band named Ferreday, they were a local band. The second was a band named Atomic Tom. Both of these bands were great, but definitely not as amazing as Anberlin. After the openings Anberlin came on stage. I was so excited. They played either 9 or 10 songs and they ended a half hour early. I knew most of the songs they played except for 2 or 3. They opened up with their song Reclusion. They finished with The Feel Good Drag. Our group took a lot of pictures, recorded videos, and sang our hearts out. It was amazing. After they got off, while we waited for the cab back home, we went and waited in the lobby. The other two bands; Ferreday and Atomic Tom were down there selling merchandise. I got free stickers from each band. Before we left I got a picture with the singer from Ferreday and a picture with the singer from Atomic Tom. After this we took the cab back to campus and went back to my dorm for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment