Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spread the Red at the Homecoming Game!


This weekend at ISU was full of excitement. There were many fun festivities going on to celebrate homecoming. I woke up early in the morning to attend the parade before the Football game on Saturday afternoon. The football game was a stadium full of students who greatly demonstrated Redbird Pride. If you went to the game against South Dakota State, “ISU TOUCHDOWN” was a phrase that you and I heard through the sound system very often! The fan section was a great place to be, full of students like me, who were eager to cheer their team to a victory. The student section is known as the Zoo section and you are only able to get a ticket into this section if you are a current ISU student. To get a good seat in the bleachers I was at the game about thirty minutes early, the section was packed full of students by the time the game started. After the first half of the game, most of the ISU fans knew that we were going to get a win for this game. The final score of the game was 28-3. After the game was over, because of the win, the whole crowd was glowing and screaming in celebration. High-fiving complete strangers to show how proud and excited we all were. The energy in the stadium is something you could only feel if you attended the game. I was so happy that I made the choice to attend the game. Although this was my first football game here at ISU it definitely won’t be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment