Thursday, October 20, 2011

ISU Festival


The festival on the quad last month really opened my eyes of how many groups, clubs, and organizations there are here at ISU. Anything that you can think of there probably is a club for it. If you can’t find a RSO that suits your style you can always make your own, which is a real easy process. You need at least five members to be in your organization, coordinate a faculty member to be your advisor, and create a constitution for your RSO to be official and you will well be on your way of having a new ISU organization.

Some of the clubs that were at the festival were The Hot Sauce club, The I love Taco’s club, and The Triathlon club. But one of the organizations that I am interested in joining is the Ultimate Frisbee team. I have always like playing Frisbee when I was a kid and plus I am good at catching so I think this club will be lots of fun for me. The bad news is that they have practice during my classes twice a week so I would only be able to go practice once a week.

It was fun going around the festival learning about all of the interesting groups and getting free stuff, which comes rarely to a college student. IT was really hot out that day, around 100 degrees, but a lot of people got free ice cream which was really cool. It was a fun adventure and I will definitely go next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment