Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Black Friday Chaos

This year, I participated in my first ever Black Friday. This is the day after Thanksgiving where all but a few stores have door-buster sales that people create hype about. I enjoyed Thanksgiving Day as any non-shopper would because the festivities did not commence until 11 pm. My friend picked me up and we got to Target an hour before the store opened and I was standing on the side of the store. Only 15 people were admitted into the store at a time and once I finally got inside, I realized why Black Friday carries the stereotypes it does. Items were all over the floor, people were running throughout the store, carts were crashing into one another, and the checkout lines were backed up to the isles themselves; all of this just for a camera my friend wanted which he did get 70 dollars off. After Target, we proceeded to Khols, which was my main destination. I needed new dress clothes so I bought 5 new shirts and 2 pairs of pants. The purchase ended up being 133 dollars with a 30 dollar gift card included (so roughly 100). However what makes this a deal is the fact that had it not been the day it was, my Khols charge card would have been hit with a 250 dollar dent. After a brief stop for coffee at 2 am, we headed to Woodfield mall to check out the deals they had there. Aside from how awkward it felt being in a mall such as Woodfield at 2 in the morning, our browse for hot bargains quickly turned into an impulse fiasco. A few of the roughly 200 dollars I spent at the mall ended up being for Christmas presents for my family, so I was put as ease a bit. All in all, Black Friday is such a wild night. Despite the pandemonium, clutter of people, and loss of patience experienced during the night, it was a fun time to experience with my friends and definitely something I will plan on partaking in annually from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment