Thursday, November 17, 2011

Get Your Work Out On!

Staying in shape in college is very important to me. Since Thanksgiving break is just around the corner I wanted to get a good work out in before I leave. My friends and I are always looking for something new and interesting to do so at Illinois State’s Recreation center we thought we would see what they had to offer us. We looked up what the possibilities were and we found out we could go rock climbing, take boxing, a zumba dance class, cycling class, the normal lifting and cardio workout, and even play basketball. The ideas were endless and we could not have been more excited! I went rock climbing once and thought how fun it was the first time we should try it out. My friends insisted we take a zumba dance class because they thought it would be hilarious to watch us practically make fools out ourselves since we have no rhythm. Of course I tagged along for the good laugh and found out all the classes were free! Once we got into the room everyone in there was so friendly and shockingly many were first timers. Glad to know we were not in this alone. Our instructor Becky was so kind and made us feel very comfortable. She started out with a quick warm up and then began the music. The music that was playing was the type of music on the radio from country, to hip-hop, to rap. Taking from the side that the music being awesome, my dance skills were not so much. Good thing my friends were on the same page as me because that would have just been awkward. Even though people in the class were taking it seriously at least it was not too serious. Also the best part no boys! Which was the best thing I forgot to mention. The dance moves were easy to follow but considering I have no rhythm I suppose it was not as embarrassing as I thought it would have been. I ended up having the best time and definitely would consider coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment