Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Swing Dance Experience

A few weeks ago I went to the Swing Dance Club here on campus. It’s held in the Billiards and Bowling building and is on Wednesdays from 7-10 P.M. It’s broken down into 3 sessions. 7-8 is learning a new dance, 8-9 is dancing with people, and 9-10 is an experienced sessions. This is the first time I went ever. I usually can’t go because I have a class Wednesday from 6-8:50 P.M. That Wednesday we got out at 7:30. So I went at 9 to the Swing Dance Club. I didn’t know about the group breakdowns until I got there. So since I got there at 9 I got learn something hard for experienced people. I learned the Lindy Hop that night. It was so hard to learn to do it. We learned it in multiple steps. It’s very confusing at first, but once you know how to do a triple step it’s so much easier. I’m not a dancer, and have never been to any classes and I was told that I was pretty good for my first time ever. I was really proud of myself. I got to dance with a variety of girls including my girlfriend. It was really fun. I would definitely do it again. The dancing didn’t end there. After the class ended my girlfriend and I started dancing on the bridge next to the library. She taught me the steps of swing dance. So after she taught me the steps we started dancing on the bridge. We did the basic steps then I started spinning her. It was just an amazing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment