Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

The longest week of my life at ISU has been the week before Thanksgiving break. When I first arrived at school, I thought that there was no way I would ever want to go home again. The people I was meeting and the things I was doing were so much fun and I thought that life couldn’t get any better. Once school got rolling and classes started picking up, I longed more and more to go home. I would have never thought that the day would come that I wanted to be back home, but right now it's all I can think about. Sleeping in my own bed, showering without wearing flip-flops, and eating home cooked meals will feel like such a relief when I’m home. I look forward to seeing my friends and family and taking a week off to relax since I've put so much hard work into school this semester.

Thanksgiving break will be one of the greatest times of the year for me. Sitting around the table at Thanksgiving with all of my family will be absolutely amazing. Seeing all of their smiling faces and telling them all the things I have been doing in college and comparing it to what they did in college will be really interesting. I have some pretty good stories to tell and I can't wait to hear what they think of them. This much-needed break has come at a perfect time and I look forward to making the most of it. I couldn't ask for anything more than to spend time with my family, see all of my friends, and of course enjoy some well deserved free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment