Friday, November 4, 2011

Possibly the hardest task to accomplish in college...

LAUNDRY. laundry, laundry,laundry.
I was quite used to doing my laundry at home. I had been washing my clothes for a good two years before I started college. I thought I had the hang of it, seperating the whites and the colors was never my thing, I always just threw all my clothes in there and hoped nothing would happen. For the most part nothing had happened....until I did my laundry here. The first time I did my laundry I forgot to even put the detergent in there, so basically the two loads I did ended up just as dirty as when I put them in there. The second time I did my laundry was with my roommate. We decided to seperate the colors and whites. We put all of our whites in one load together and put our colors in seperate loads. My roomate went back down to our room to shower while I waited by our laundry. My colored load was done first so I put it in the dryer. She had came back up and I had assumed when she went to put her colors in the dryer she put both of our whites in the dryer as well. I was wrong, but didnt quite know it yet. At this point it was around 2:00 am when I finished my colored load so I took my basket with my fresh clothes and went back to the room thinking she would grab all of our whites. She came down half hour later with all her colors. It wasnt until an hour later that we realized we were missing all of our whites. WE FORGOT TO EVEN PUT THEM IN THE DRYER. At this time it was around 3:30am and she ended up going back up there to wait another hour for our white clothes to dry. Doing your laundry in college is definatly an adventure and every time is different. From now on I will always remember to put detergent in and also check both loads and make sure they are completly done before leaving.

1 comment:

  1. I agree laundry is a pain to do and I feel like the washers and dryers are always stealing my socks. They always leave my clothes wrinkled too which a bummer. I hope next year I live somewhere where the washers aren't quite so crummy.

    ReplyDelete