Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting Involved

Sunday was my first dance showcase at ISU. I woke up at 8am to get ready for practice at 9:45. When I got to the Braden Ballroom I was so excited. It was the first time I was dancing on a stage since May of last year! We practiced until 12:30, got food, and next thing you know it was time for the show! It was an incredible feeling! I met these girls in August but I feel like I've known them my whole life! The show went great and all my friends, my mom, and even my old dance friends came to see me! It's incredible to see the bonds you can form here. That's what I was most nervous about when coming here. I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to find my place at a huge university. I was scared I wouldn't be able to find friends who like what I like. But ISU has so many great things to offer. Not only am I part of a dance team, I'm floor president, and part of Ivisible Children. You've just got to build up the courage, go out and try new things. It's a great way to build new friendships and make ISU feel more like home. It's also a great way to get away from all the schoolwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment