Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast at Watterson

I always liked Thanksgiving because of the great food that comes along with it. I was fortunate enough for Watterson Dining Commons to have their own great feast last night on November, 16. Let me elaborate on the food I got from the feast and tell you how I thought the food tasted. Starting off with the wonderful turkey they had. It looked pretty tasty from the window and overall it had a good flavor to it. The one issue I had with the turkey is that it was a little dry. Nothing a little gravy couldn’t solve. Any person that has ever sat in front of the dinner table knows stuffing is always apart of Thanksgiving dinner. The stuffing the dining hall provided was the best item they offered. Moving on the mash potatoes portion of the meal. Well they where dry also which disappointed me because I always liked great mash potatoes. I solved the issue by adding some butter. The final portion of my feast at the dining hall was the green beans. Not a lot to say about the green beans, they were not too bad. I did not participate in any dessert. I was never a fan of pumpkin pie. My overall grade for ISU Thanksgiving dinner is a C+. I expected better out the dining hall. They have yet to surprised me even though I still think they have potential. I look forward to Thanksgiving break and having a excellent feast. I hope everyone looks forward to a good meal and being with family.

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving dinner at Watterson was pretty good I thought as far as dorm food goes. It is true, however that a home-cooked thanksgiving meal is much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete