Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Weird Man Next to Me

For one of my classes, I had to go see a play for an assignment. It was open to the whole university, so I am going to talk about it for my university event. The play was called Women of Lockerbie and my experience was pretty good, but I wouldn’t say it was necessarily because of the play itself.

My experience at Women of Lockerbie was interesting to say the least. I walked in, and to my surprise I was very excited because I was sitting front and center. Being excited at a play is a whole new thing to me because I’m not a big play guy in the first place, but I figured since I had a great seat I might as well make the most of it. However, about ten minutes later, the man who was sitting next to me came strolling in. He was different to say the least. He must’ve been in the play at some point because he was a huge fan. He knew every word, and was very into the whole play from start to finish. Let’s just say it made it difficult to concentrate because I have a hard time concentrating at plays in the first place.

Overall, the play itself was pretty good. I thought that it has a lot of good messages and I think that the play overall was very touching. It made me think a lot about what would happen if my parents were to lose me or if anything like this were to happen in my community, how we would respond. I also felt that the actors did very well. It is weird to think that they are only a few years older than me and they are already that involved in their major and are able to put on big productions like this. Like I said, I’m not a huge play guy so I don’t know when the next time I go see a play will be, but if I do see one that catches my eye, I will have to go see it because I had a decent experience this first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment